You might be looking for front-end developer online courses. In this article, you will find a review and comparison of the best front-end developer online courses.
Web development is intricate, creative, and interesting work that can lead to an exciting career in a demanding, fast-growing field.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects over 8% job growth for web developers over the next 7+ years.
And if you are thinking of being a developer and looking for the best front-end developer course, this article can help you in many ways.
Best Front End Developer Online Courses: Review of Top Classes
1. Best Overall – Master foundational programming languages – W3C
2. Best Value for Money – Front-End Web Development with React – Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
4. Best Intermediate Course – Front-End Web Developer
5. Best for Quick Learning – Become a Front-End Web Developer
Now, the detailed information about each course that mentioned.
1. Master foundational programming languages – W3C
This is a Professional Certificate program, designed by the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)
edX hosts this program. It is one of the most accredited platforms in the industry. Learn more about edX accreditation here.
You will be guided, step-by-step, on using all client-side Web development techniques to create and innovate on the web.
Each course will also include interactive examples to help you practice and code the correct way.
What you will learn
- Develop websites using the latest web standards
- How to code with modern HTML5 tags, draw and animate fun Web graphics and play audio and video elements
- CSS best practices for web page design
- Understand why accessibility and internationalization are important
- CSS Basics
- HTML5 and CSS Fundamentals
- HTML5 Coding Essentials and Best Practices
- HTML5 Apps and Games
- W3C Certificate
- 7 months
- 5 – 7 hours per week
2. Front-End Web Development with React – Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
This course is a part of Full-Stack Web Development with React Specialization>> offered by Coursera.
You can complete all courses to get the full stack specialization certificate.
You will also get to know about
- The use of Reactstrap for Bootstrap 4-based responsive UI design
- Various aspects of React components
- React router and its use in developing single-page applications
- Designing controlled forms
- Flux architecture and Redux
- Various aspects of Redux and use it to develop React-Redux powered applications
- Use Fetch for client-server communication
- Use of REST API on the server side
- Introduction to React
- React Router and Single Page Applications
- React Forms, Flow Architecture and Introduction to Redux
- More Redux and Client-Server Communication
- Flexible deadlines
- Shareable Certificate by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- 100% online
- Knowledge of Bootstrap 4 required
- Start instantly and learn at your own schedule.
- Intermediate Level
- 36 hours to complete
3. Web Design for Everybody: Basics of Web Development & Coding Specialization – University of Michigan
Coursera offers this Specialization. To know more about Coursera, you can visit this link.
During the capstone, you will develop a professional-quality web portfolio demonstrating your growth as a web developer and your knowledge of accessible web design.
This will include your ability to design and implement a responsive site that utilizes tools to create a website accessible to a wide audience, including those with visual, audial, physical, and cognitive impairments.
What You Will Learn
- Describe the basics of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS3)
- Use the Document Object Model (DOM) to modify pages
- Apply responsive design to enable page to be viewed by various devices
There are 5 Courses in this Specialization
- Introduction to HTML5
- Introduction to CSS3
- Advanced Styling with Responsive Design
- Web Design for Everybody Capstone
- Shareable Certificate by University of Michigan
- 100% online courses
- Flexible Schedule
- Set and maintain flexible deadlines.
- Beginner Level
- Approximately 6 months to complete
- Suggested pace of 3 hours/week
4. Front End Web Developer – Udacity
Learn how to build high-quality websites and dynamic applications to create incredible user experiences for the web.
This course is hosted by Udacity, one of the excellent quality platforms. To read the full review of Udacity, click here.
What You Will Learn
The Front End Web Developer Nanodegree program aims to equip learners with the unique skills they need to build and develop a variety of websites and applications.
Graduates of this Nanodegree program will be able to
- Construct responsive websites using CSS, Flexbox, and CSS Grid
Students will also build competency automating application build and deployment using Webpack and improving the offline performance of websites using Service Worker.
- CSS & Website Layout
- Web APIs and Asynchronous Applications
- Build Tools, Webpack, and Service Worker
- Certification by Udacity
- Completely Online
- 4 Months
- At 5-10 hours/week
5. Become a Front-End Web Developer – Linkedin Learning
This is a learning path offered by Linkedin Learning (Lynda).
Are LinkedIn Learning (Lynda) Courses Accredited and Recognized? Know more about it by clicking here.
What Will You Get
- Master basic version control with Git and GitHub.
- Apply best practices in responsive design and progressive enhancement.
11 items of learning content
- Succeeding in Web Development: Full Stack and Front End
- Web Programming Foundations
- User Experience for Web Design
- UX Foundations: Accessibility
- HTML Essential Training
- CSS Essential Training
- Search Techniques for Web Developers
- Responsive Layout
- Learning GitHub
- Learning React.js
- Certification by LinkedIn Learning
- 11 Courses
- 24 Hours of Learning Content
>All of the courses included above are full of knowledge and led by experts. Now, its your choice what you prefer.
My advice for you is to go with a university certificate. But it would help if you also considered factors like time, type, and knowledge.
Over To You
So, which Course do you like? Which you are going to buy?
Tell me in the comment section.